Monday, November 11, 2013

Hi guys! This is my first makeup and beauty blog and I'm excited to talk to you all about what i love. but first, heres just a little info to get to know me:

I am a makeup artist and film maker who teaches basic and special effects makeup for film. I have been doing professional makeup for 6 years now and aside from taking a course in cosmetology in 2012, all my skills are based on years of research, practice and experience. I discovered my passion for Special Effects Makeup and Prosthetics while i was taking up my diploma in Film Making at the International Academy of Film and Television in Mactan Cebu.

Being a film student, i know of the challenges of having to make a good film with all the elements and working with a small budget. It has taught me that nothing is impossible with creativity, imagination and resourcefulness. That is why i teach my film students in that way. You don't always need expensive materials to have an amazing outcome. You just need to love what you do. And i totally love Horror and zombie films. I eat blood and gore for breakfast. Haha (totally kidding by the way)

As a film maker i believe that when it comes to makeup, there are two sides to that coin. If you have SFX makeup to make your monsters, witches and zombies, you need to balance it out with beauty and glamour makeup. Thats why the first thing i teach my students are the basics of makeup. (Color correction, Concealing, Contouring, and Coverage)
It really comes in handy when we get to the special effects portion of the course.

I have had some experience working in the art department of my film schools sister company BIGFOOT Productions. I love building things from scratch out of something I've designed. But the real adventure comes when you are looking for resources and materials to fit the budget.

I took up an intensive course on screenwriting because i have always loved writing and am a frustrated writer. i started art, painting and drawing at the age of 10, and have been a movie junkie since before i can remember. Aside from makeup and special effects i love film editing, sound design, and production design. I've always been hands on in almost every aspect of film and one day hope to have my own school and production house.

No comments:

Post a Comment